Friday, October 13, 2017

The dog needs to die


A deleted excerpt from 

Life - Phase One by Samyak Shah 



So, I guess that we all have heard of a quote that relates to the elephant and the dog. For the ones who haven't, I'll just write it down for them: 

"You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks

- Winston Churchill 


I am a firm believer of this quote because I have personally seen the power that ignorance holds. The thing that this quote tells us, is that we need to stop focusing on everything and everyone who is trying to bring us down on our journey to achieve what we aimed for. We need to stop paying heed to the people who have nothing better to do in life then to criticize us on our every move. 

The reason why I believe in this quote is because I have been living my life the way my heart has been telling me to (you know how they show in movies that a person's life changes when they start doing what their heart is telling them to do, YEAH, that is pretty much what my life is up to nowadays). So, whatever it is that I do, I put my heart into it and see whether it makes me happy or not, I make sure that there is no shortcoming of efforts being put into a task. What the world seems to lack is the appreciation for somebody living to the fullest. 

Another quote fits here: "People want you to do good in life, but not better than them". 

A lot of people around me keep asking me: Why do you suddenly break into a little fit of giggles? Why do sit like this? Why do you not censor or manage what you say? 

Because, guess what: I have shed my previous inhibitions and I don't give a flying rat's ass if the other person doesn't seem pleased by my reply. He asked for a reply, not a pleasing statement. 

The point of the above paragraphs is that I have stopped focusing on the dogs that keep on barking because I know that the dogs that bark, do not have the capacity of biting, hell, they don't even have the capacity to come near me. 


But there still is a flipside to the story. 


The quote by Winston Churchill is great, is inspiring, but it still lacks the aspect that we as humans live for. 

What I want you all to take as a learning outcome from here is that you don't need to focus on the dogs that keep on barking, you don't need to stop and throw stones at the dogs that bark, because this is just going to deviate you from reaching your goals. 

The dogs are a representation of the various aspects in our life that can hold us down from achieving what we want, the dogs show what we or the world doesn't approve of which we need to ignore. 

What I am saying is that there are some dogs which are going to bark throughout your entire life, these are the representations that are going to trouble you everywhere and every stage of your life alike.  

What to do: 

Do not focus on them until you've reached the finish line and completed your task/goal. Take that dog and crush it under your elephant feet. If you're seen as an elephant, then make use of that metaphor and crush those goddamn dogs. Use some of your power. 

I am not saying that just after completing one task you start trampling those dogs or those aspects, but one by one, this way you have the added motivation of breaking the set norms and stereotypes which have the power of bringing down people after you're long gone. Help the ones behind you. They might see this gesture of yours as an inspiration and who knows when this might start becoming a trend. 

Not only will this start a chain of positive action, but it will prove that a little negative action along the path doesn't affect your way of achieving. 

We all are chanting the mantra of "Breaking the stereotypes", so guess what, let's make trampling of those aspects a trend as well. 


#BreakTheStereotype


There are some dogs that need to be eliminated. Some aspects that need to be out of our system and world. So, if we're christened as elephants, let's show them what damage and good are the elephants capable of. 

The most common dogs or aspects that will trouble you (and which need to be necessarily eliminated) include: 

1. Personal insecurities (can range from anything to anything)  

2. The need to be a part of a particular social groups (which involves throwing away your true self and taking up a personality which the social groups approve of)

3. Public shaming and lynching 

4. LOG KYA KAHENGE (What will the people say?/What will the society say?)


These and many more. They are the ones that I find that are common for us at every stage in life. Find out what's yours

No comments:

Post a Comment