Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Epiphany


Sometimes we forget to be thankful for what all we have received. We need a reality check to see that we all are living a luxurious life in certain aspects of our life. We don’t always gazillion dollars of money in our bank account, we don’t always need to have a security around us to reassure our celebrity status, and we don’t require big ass cars in the parking are to show how much we have earned because there are certain things that cannot be purchased or leased. These things just need to be experienced to make us realize that we are way more richer than we think we are.

The best place or situation that helps us in striking epiphanies and biggest life changing decisions is a place that not all people visit (those people are lost). This place is the Galla or the place where people go to buy cigarettes, paan and what not. The place is like a heaven in its own way, by just being there you are able to have conversations that you can’t even have in a natural surrounding or in an educational surrounding. The knowledge acquired and realized is way more valuable than some big ass company’s CEO’s monthly salary slip. The 2 best times that actually possess the ability to make you think about what you want to do, are: Late night talks and Galla talks. If had on a regular basis, you’ll be benefited in ways that you wouldn’t have thought of.  This blog is a result of one such epiphany inspiring galla talk.


I was just casually having maggi noodles with one of my friend and we were talking about school results and how we had gotten beating from either of our parents (if at all) and this brought us to a brink of a new topic of discussion. She started talking about how her parents had gotten divorced when she was at a very young age. We all have heard sad stories about how the kids whose parents get divorced turn out to have some or other sort of problems, but if you look at her and talk to her, you might not even realize that there is a problem (if at all there is). While she narrated all the funny incidents, I somewhere realized that despite having seen her parents getting divorced at young age (she might not even would’ve comprehended what it was, but still) she is still living like a champ, and honestly, I have never seen her complain or throw any sort of tantrums (not that I know of) and this made me realize that how neglectful I had been sometimes with my parents, or my friends and many more people for that matter.

I realized one thing after that conversation: I needed to be more thankful (and actually express it in words) to the people who have helped me in my life in whatsoever minor or major way possible because without any external influence and response, it is difficult for a person to develop normally.This is the day that I realized what ‘NOT TAKING THINGS FOR GRANTED’ meant. I realized that while I am on my journey to inspire someone to improve their life, I shouldn’t forget those who have inspired me and helped me whenever I was going through a bad phase (sometimes despite not having any personal gains by helping me).

I’m thankful to all those who have inspired me and I’m grateful to all those who have gotten inspired by me (if at all) and I’m thankful to my friend for making me realize what being rich actually meant.

A simple act of caring creates an endless ripple, that comes back to you” 

(the people who have seen this commercial will know what value this statement holds and how is it related to this blog)


- Samyak Shah  

3 comments:

  1. Superb, very touchy writings, I hope all young generation kids think same way as you. Keep it up !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It depends on individual's nature. I have seen lot of people at work, have tons of problems at home front.. But it is Not affecting their behavior at work. Yes, at the tender age, it might be affecting siyuation like parents separation... The lesson we learn at 'double parents' home is how to complement each other, how to compensate each other, how to cooperate each other.. and that visual experience works better in our life than virtual instructions of written words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, perspective matters my friend and it is quite obvious that no two people are going to have a similar opinion on something that involves a lot of perspectives.

      What I wanted to show from this story is reflected in the first 2-3 lines of your comment: 'It is not affecting their behavior at work' and it shouldn't, given that how good that particular person is at keeping their emotions at bay. What you wrote in the last few lines sounds apt because without compensation and compromise, a person can't possibly have a peaceful life (because let's accept it: Not everyone can live by one particular person's rules and regulations).

      Your comment and thinking is highly appreciated!

      Regards,
      Samyak Shah

      Delete